As a small organization, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute relies on volunteers to help with daily activities and special events. Whether you would like to volunteer on a regular basis or at special events, we can work to find an opportunity that fits your interests. Specific details concerning projects and positions will be given by the staff member responsible for the endeavor. Any applicable training will be provided by the Institute, and staff members are always available to help and answer questions. Volunteer opportunities are sent out quarterly through email or by mail if needed. Contact Barb Lancaster, Marketing Coordinator, at (269) 721-4191 for more information or click here for a paper application form.
Volunteers will receive various benefits in return for their time spent at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute. All volunteers will receive a free subscription to Naturally Speaking newsletter and free or discounted admission (with volunteer card) to programming (some restrictions apply, details will be given at training). Volunteering at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute will give you the wonderful opportunity to meet new people and attend and participate in educational programs; all with the satisfaction of knowing you made a difference.
1. Education: At the Institute we provide a variety of community events including: weekend workshops, youth and school programs, hikes and classes. These programs all require additional support by volunteers.
2. Special Events: At the Institute we offer our Family Night programs quarterly, which are larger than normal programs and require additional staff.
3. Public Relations: Help organize and promote programs and through graphic design work.
4. Reception/Gift Shop/Bulk Mail: Help out with the cash register, phones, or work with large mailings and perform general office work.
5. Land Stewardship: Perform maintenance or stewardship activities on the grounds of the Institute.
6. Facility Assistant: Assist our Facility Manager with scheduled work.
7. Facility Rental/Group Visit/Brunch: Assist with kitchen prep, set-up, and guest services.