Visit Pierce Cedar Creek Institute
There is no admission fee to use the trails or the Visitor Center. Fees may apply to programs and special events. Restroom facilities are available in the Visitor Center when the trails are open. After 5 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends, please enter from the west side (closest to the Education Building).
Bring your group to experience everything that our environmental center has to offer! Whether you are looking to schedule a presentation, have a guided nature hike or meet for a delicious meal, our friendly staff will work with you to arrange an exciting visit! For more information, please contact Michelle Quesnel at 269-721-4180.
Food service is not available on a daily basis. An on-site catering department is available for Institute functions, facility rentals and group visits. Visitors may bring their own picnic lunches, which may be enjoyed between the Education Building and the Visitor Center or on the veranda by the Visitor Center dining room. Institute staff members are happy to recommend nearby restaurants, as well.
*Rules and Regulations for Trail Users
• No hunting, fishing, trapping, or collecting of plants and mushrooms, except for authorized research or management purposes.
• Do not release wildlife or domesticated animals on the property.
• No littering or dumping.
• Keep all pets on a leash. Pets are not allowed in the buildings. As a courtesy to other participants please do not bring pets with you to programs, including hikes. Clean up all pet waste on trails.
• Respect the rights of adjacent property owners.
• Stay on trails and do not interfere with research projects and equipment. Off-trail hiking may be permissible with written staff consent.
• No bikes, ORVs, or horses on trails.
• No personal or motorized watercrafts on Brewster Lake or Cedar Creek. Recreational swimming is prohibited.
• Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, and possession of illegal drugs on the property is strictly prohibited.
• Possession and/or discharge of firearms, weapons, fireworks, and/or explosives are prohibited with the exception of bows and guns used strictly (with written consent) for deer and turkey management programs.
• Camping and campfires are prohibited. Campfires in the designated fire pits adjacent to housing units are allowed with staff permission.
Events & Programs
Biological Field Station Tour and Lunch
Wednesday, June 5
10 am – 2:30 pm
Learn more about the work happening at the Institute's biological field station this summer!
Lunch and Learn: No Dark in Sight: An Artist's Viewpoint on Light Pollution
Thursday, June 6
Program: 11 am – Noon
Lunch: Noon – 1 pm
Artist Reception: 1 – 3 pm
Join Artist Bill Davis as he takes us on a photographic journey to examine artificial and natural light around the world.
No Family Left Indoors: Family Night at Camp Algonquin
Tuesday, June 11
6:30 – 8 pm
Families can tour camp, meet summer counselors, make a craft, and play field games.
Strolling with Nature: Caterpillars and Polliwogs
Wednesday, June 12
10 – 11:30 am
Learn about animals that change forms at different stages in their lives.
Bill Porter Memorial Charity Golf Classic
Friday, June 21
Show your support for Pierce Cedar Creek Institute in this year's Bill Porter Memorial Charity Golf Classic by golfing or purchasing votes. All non-golfers can purchase up to four votes. Each vote is $5. Please contact Cathy Hart-Jansma at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on golfing.
Thornapple Garden Club
"A Day in the Garden"
Saturday, July 20
10 am – 3 pm
The Institute is joining forces with the Thornapple Garden Club to celebrate native plants, conservation, and environmental issues. Participants will have a chance to attend workshops, listen to speakers, and visit vendors to learn more native plants, pollinators, and propagation.
Professional Development Training: Conflict Strategies
Wednesday, August 21
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Lunch is provided.
Be prepared to respond effectively to conflict by identifying techniques and tools to manage challenging situations.
Holiday Gift Show
Sunday, November 10
11 am – 3 pm
Now seeking applications for vendors at our annual Holiday Gift Show in November. Deadline for applications is August 1.