Become A Volunteer at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute
As a small organization, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute relies on volunteers to help with daily activities and special events. Whether you would like to volunteer on a regular basis or occassionally at special events, we will find an opportunity that fits your interests. Contact Guest Services and Graphic Design Coordinator Barb Matyasic at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-721-4191 for more information.
Volunteers receive various benefits in return for their time spent at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute. All volunteers receive free or discounted admission (with volunteer card) to programming (some restrictions apply, details will be given at training). Volunteering at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute gives you the wonderful opportunity to meet new people and attend and participate in educational programs, all with the satisfaction of knowing you made a difference.
1. Education: At the Institute we provide a variety of community events including: weekend workshops, youth and school programs, hikes and classes. These programs all require additional support by volunteers. .
2. Public Relations: Help organize and promote programs through graphic design work.
3. Reception/Gift Shop/Bulk Mail: Help out with the cash register, phones, large mailings or perform general office work.
4. Land Stewardship: Perform maintenance or stewardship activities on the grounds of the Institute.
5. Facility Assistant: Assist our Facility Manager with scheduled work.
6. Facility Rental/Group Visit/Brunch: Assist with kitchen prep, set-up and guest services.
Don't see your interest here, call us and we'd love to talk wilth you about your specific volunteer interests.